The comprehensive school counseling program at Bethel Virtual Academy advocates for equity, access, and success; fosters positive relationships in the school community, and strives for all students to meet their goals.
The comprehensive school counseling program at Bethel Virtual Academy envisions a future where ALL students fulfill their potential as productive global citizens by supporting their academic achievement, social/emotional growth, and college/career/life readiness goals.
- All students shall have access to a school counselor who actively advocates for their academic, career, and social/emotional needs.
- Students thrive when they make meaningful connections through activities, academic rigor, and relationships with adults.
- Students are lifelong learners and will be productive citizens.
- School counselors will collaborate with families, stakeholders and community resources to meet student needs and assist student development.
- School counselors assist students with self-advocacy and accountability skills.
- School counselors will use data to design, implement, evaluate and continuously improve the comprehensive school counseling program.
- School counselors help students feel valued and empowered.