Benefits of Journaling
Power of Journaling
Videos to get started
5 Creative Journaling Ideas
How to Start Journaling
Journaling & Gratitude
Prompt ideas taken from the Creative Resilience Counseling website.
- What is the best compliment you have ever received?
- In your opinion, what is the best song ever written?
- If you could know one thing about the future, what would it be?
- What is something you feel nervous about right now?
- What is your happiest memory?
- What is something that you did that you are proud of?
- I get mad when…
- What calms you down when you get mad or upset?
- What is something that went right today/this week?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- Name two ways you can show self-control at school, at work, or at home.
- What would be the title of your autobiography?
- If you had to pick one song to play continuously, non-stop, in the background of your life, what would it be?
- What is one item you can’t live without?
- If you could add, change, or cancel one rule in your school/work, what would it be?
- If you could add, change, or cancel one rule at home, what would it be?
- Who do you trust the most and why?
- Where do you feel the most safe and why?
- What is one word you would use to describe your family and why?
- How do you think others view you? Why?
- If you could travel back in time to three years ago and visit your younger self, what advice would you give yourself?
- What do you like the most about yourself?
- Tell about a time when you felt sad. What helped you get through it?
- What is the first symptom you notice when you feel mad? Stressed?
- Who is someone you consider a real-life hero and why?
- Who do you wish you had a better relationship with, and what would make it better?
- List 10 things that make you smile.
- When things seem tough, I want to remember ____.
- What is something that you have overcome?
- What do you think you life would look like if you didn’t have anxiety or depression (or something else)?
- Write the words that you need to hear.
- What does your best day look like?
- What would you like to be remembered for?
- Build a list of 15 songs that can help change your mood.
- Write about three of your best talents.
- List three things that you would do if you weren’t afraid.
- What are five things that help you feel better when things are difficult?
- Write about 10 things you are grateful for.
- What is your favorite memory?
- Choose one thing that triggers your anxiety or depression, and write about a few ways that you can combat this trigger.
- What makes you happy?
- How do you define yourself?
- What is one fun fact about yourself?
- What is going right in my life?
- What’s bothering me? Why?
- One goal I want to set for myself this month…
- What does success look like to you?
- What makes you feel truly alive?
- What do you want your life to look like in five years? 10 years?
- What am I afraid of? Why?